Most girls aspire to be married but fail to work on themselves in preparation for marriage. Marriage can sometimes be challenging, but the steps we take in preparing for marriage can significantly impact the success of the marriage despite the challenges. A self-aware and confident woman in the value of who she is will enable her to communicate her needs confidently and wants to her partner.
What a Woman Should Know Before Marriage
- Your Spouse will not Complete You
- It is Unfair to Expect Your Spouse to MEET All of Your Needs
- Manage Your Expectations
- Understand Your Strengths and What Characteristics will Complement Your Strengths
- Understand that Love is a feeling… it fluctuates
- Accept Who You Are
Know-How You Want To Be Treated
- With respect in every aspect of life, with love, kindness, and value-driven affection.
Know and Understand Your Love Language.
- Acts of Service
- Receiving Gifts
- Physical Touch
- Quality Time
- Words of Affirmation
Define What Love Looks Like
- For yourself and ultimately for your future Spouse
- A picture of love for me personally is an assurance, through actions, that my partner supports me, my dreams and aspirations, and respects and values my worth.
Learn How to Lead with an open heart and Trust Your Partner
- Learn how to have a heart that leads with trust. Not waiting for your partner to earn your trust.
Understand What Will Cause You to Lose Trust
- I created a short list of non-negotiables before my wedding. I watched how infidelity hurt many women in my family, including my mom, so one of my non-negotiables was, “if you cheat, I’m out.”
- Establish how trust is built and how it can be broken by creating a list of non-negotiables.
Define And Solidify the Values, Ethics, and Beliefs that are important to you.
- Use this worksheet to help you craft your perfect personal values statement.
Establish Immediate Short and Long-Term Goals
- Personal Goals
- Goals for Your Marriage
- Plans for Your Future Family
Thanks for exploring this topic with me.