Marriage can at times be challenging, but the steps we take before marriage can have great impact on the success of the marriage in-spite of the challenges. Most girls aspire to be married, but fail to work on themselves. A woman being self aware and confident in the value of who she is will enable her to confidently communicate her needs and wants to her partner.
What a Woman Should Know Before Marriage
- Your Spouse will not Complete You
- It is Unfair to Expect Your Spouse to MEET All of Your Needs
- Manage Your Expectations
- Understand Your Strengths and What Characteristics will Complement Your Strengths
- Understand that Love is a feeling… it fluctuates
- Accept Who You Are
Know-How You Want To Be Treated
- With respect in every aspect of life, with love, kindness and value-driven affection.
Know and Understand Your Love Language.
- Acts of Service
- Receiving Gifts
- Physical Touch
- Quality Time
- Words of Affirmation
Define What Love Looks Like
- For yourself and ultimately for your future spouse
- A picture of love for me personally is an assurance, through actions, that my partner supports me, my dreams and aspirations, and respects and values my worth.
Learn How to Lead with an open heart and Trust Your Partner
- Learn how to have a heart that leads with trust. Not waiting for your partner to earn your trust.
Understand What Will Cause You to Lose Trust
- Before I got married I created a short list of non-negotiables. I watched how infidelity hurt many women in my family, including my mom, so one of my non-negotiables was “if you cheat, I’m out.”
- Every woman should create a list of non-negotiables to help communicating how trust is built and how it can be broken.
Define And Solidify the Values, Ethics, Beliefs you Live By.
- Use this worksheet to help you craft your perfect personal values statement.
Establish Immediate Short and Long Term Goals
- Personal Goals
- Goals for Your Marriage
- Goals for Your Future Family
Thanks for exploring this topic with me.